Friday, October 2, 2009

Yellowstone-- Day One

The girls all decked out in their new Yellowstone Sweatshirts. The tourist season was officially over so all the little shop in West Yellowstone were getting ready to close and have HUGE end of the season sales. Yea, for good timing!

The first picture of the day getting ready to head into Yellowstone. It was so cold, and to tell the truth I wasn't looking forward to the day a head of us.

Taby's missing from the picture she was asleep in the truck.

I think that I was the biggest wimp with rotten egg sulfur smell. YUCK! It was so cold outside that the steam was out in full force!

The girls admiring one of the many "something or anothers" we saw that day.

This picture was taken along the trail while waiting for old faithful to go off.

Old Faithful, at last after walking the loop looking at all the other geyser and carrying Taby it felt so good to just sit and watch.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. After a long day of being carried in and out of the truck, Taby saying, "It's cold out here, but I'm still A-Okay mom."


I had to laugh many times as you would see cars lined up and people lining the road to catch a glimpse of an elk or a bison. I guess I have been spoiled living and growing-up in Bancroft were at Mom and Dad's you can just look outside and see the same thing.

The first animal of the Day was right in side the gates to the park. It was a traffic jam I just kept thinking wow it might be a long day! Neat, but I was still holding out for a bear.

No comments: