Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Afternoon at Temple Square

We took full advantage of taking Jeremy to the airport to catch his plane to California for 10 days. We left Rigby Sunday morning and took the kids to Temple Square for the first time. It had changed so much since the last time Jeremy and I had been there. We spent a lot longer than we thought we would and the kids loved it. I sadly had forgotten the spirit of Temple Square.

I went to Temple Square with prayer in my heart about our little baby girl that quickly was winning a place in my heart. I knew that the time had come to either commit to making her part of the the family or finding her another home. As we walked through the displays things and quotes kept popping out and seemed like they were just speaking to me. I scratched a scripture reference into the tray of my stroller because I knew that once I left I wouldn't remember it.

Jacob 2:17 Think of your brethren like unto yourselves, and be familiar with all and free with your substance, that they may be rich like unto you.

This hit hard because one of the biggest concerns with making Frankie part of our family sadly was finance. Would Jeremy and I be able to provide all the things possible to give our other four girls and Frankie the life they all deserved. This scripture brought a comfort in knowing that all would be okay, and all would be fine. It made me contemplate the word "RICH." Did RICH consist of money and worldly things or did RICH have a deeper meaning to this little girl how had come from a rough background. Did RICH mean the gospel and everything that it could offer her. Little did I know that later that same day this question would also be answered as we walking though a tour about families given by the sister missionaries. We walked. through a home setting and watched little videos about the different parts of the proclamation to the family. In the final room one of the last comments made by President Monson will forever lived in the heart and mind. (I wish I had written this down too maybe someday I will get to.) He said something like...the most important thing in a family was not wealth or stature, but LOVE. One thing that I knew we as a family could give Frankie was love. It had started to become clear to me that yes Frankie needed to stay in our family.

1 comment:

Gmayost said...

Thank You. What an awesome Mom you are. Makeing room for every one if any one can do this you ca. Lovr MOM