Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Huckleberry Picking

So the last day camping we hit the huckleberry jackpot! Baylee had been begging me to go with her for a walk because she found a whole bunch of huckleberries...I thought, "Sure you did Baylee..." Maybe I should listen a little bit closer with a more open mind, because sure enough she did find the jackpot of all jackpots! To make peace with Baylee, we went for a short hike an hour before we had to leave camp we found a ton of huckleberries. I love picking huckleberries, but it can be hard work. God was watching out for us today and lead us to the biggest huckleberries I have ever seen, and they were all over too! We picked a quart in a hour and were really mad that we hadn't listened to Baylee and gone picking huckleberries earlier! Maybe next year. At least we got enough for a couple batches of Raspberry-Huckleberry Jam. YUM! YUM!

No comments: