Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Each Life That Touches Ours for Good

Jeremy and I have been certified as foster parents for 2 years now and just the other day got a call asking if we would be willing to help out a newborn baby girl. How could I say no to that? I know that it was a crazy move given the fact that we have four girls of our own, Taby being the youngest at 10 1/2 months. We gave it a try and so far it has been very busy but rewarding.

What a sweet tiny, little thing she is. So mild mannered, and a welcome addition to our family for a little while. The trick is trying not to become to attached. (Good Luck, right?)

Tabytha adores her and won't leave her a lone. We have to be very careful to keep her out of arms reach. Taby will pull her blanket to get closer to the baby.

She loves giving her kisses. I wish that she loved giving me kisses....


Each Life That Touches Ours for Good

Each life that touches ours for good reflects thine own great mercy, Lord; thou sendest blessings from above the words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow, what greater goodness can we know than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs, we hold forever in our hearts a sweet and hallowed memory, bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

2 comments:

Caranna said...

She sure is a sweetie! I loved the chance that I got to hold her this weekend and have been thinking about it a lot.
At first I thought that being a foster parent would be so HARD, especially with someone so small and precious. I KNOW I would get attatched and have a hard time giving them back. I decided it was something that I never wanted to do! Have my heart broken over and over again, NO THANK YOU!
But after thinking a little more about it I thought about what a great gift and a wonderful blessing to not only you and your family, but to the sweet little people you'd be helping.
Right now that little angel in your home needs you. She needs someone to take care of her and love her while her own parents are unable to do so, and it is so neat that you are the ones able to provide that special nurturing care! So, upon more consideration I have decided that foster care is a wonderful chance to be more loving, more compassionate, and even if there are difficulties involved your life really will be 'touched for good.'

Gmayost said...

You are awesome Dawn. Love you