Monday, April 19, 2010

Just Got My Ears Pierced

This year Baylee has worked so hard in school. At the beginning of the year I told her if she got 100 AR points that she could get her ears pierced. This was a big deal for Baylee cause she doesn't enjoy reading all that much. I have to say that this school year change that for Baylee, she now reads all the time, and is on book #4 of Harry Potter. I couldn't be prouder!




We planned a trip to the mall after school, and about a hour before she came home I got a phone call, "Mom, my stomach hurts because I'm so nervous about getting my ears pierced." I reassured her that we didn't have to do it, but she said she was excited and wanted to. I thought once we got to the mall Baylee would chicken out. She is what you might call a "Wimp." I kept telling her that once she got the first ear done, she would have to do both! After the first ear, she looked up and said, "that wasn't too bad." The second ear must have hurt a little more cause she jumped and had a pained look on her face. The day was a hit, without a single tear!

No comments: