Monday, May 3, 2010

Total Room Makeover

Grandma Sherry and Grandpa Gordon promised Baylee a room makeover for her birthday. We planned for months and convinced Grandpa to come help with his mighty man power. Baylee wanted purple so she picked a very pretty color and we painted. We took the nasty flowered wallpaper down, replaced the curtains, and gave everything a new coat of paint.
This was my special project. This is a very old dresser that my Mom and Dad had while I was growing-up. Dad said that it couldn't be painted, and even if it could he thought I would never finish it. Well, I kind of took it as a challenge. Here is the finished product. Looks like a brand new dresser! Phew, I really did finish one whole project!

This was my Dad's project. This is the mirror that sat on top of the dresser. Dad rolled his eyes and didn't think that this could be painted. Mom and I rolled our eyes because we thought that it was just plain UGLY! Dad convinced us to hang it on the wall so Baylee would have somewhere to keep all of her stuff. Okay Dad you were right like you always are. (Even though you did call me an idiot I guess I deserved it.)

No comments: