Monday, May 31, 2010

Mom Goes on Strike!!!

To all the Moms out there....do you ever get sick spending your days cooking meals that no one will eat? All week the response to my meals have been, " Yuck. It's gooey. It tastes like Chicken. On and On and On. I do not pride myself in fixing my family breakfast every morning, mainly because unless it's pancakes no one will eat it. Well this special Sunday morning I got up and fixed scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage, and got the usual. I don't like that kind of sausage. I hate eggs. I don't like cheese in my eggs....so I announced I was on strike and that I would not be cooking anymore that day. The response was one of excitement. They spent the rest of the morning planning their menu. I thought okay let them plan and fix and clean-up. Before church I made sure the dishwasher was full. Baylee and Payge decided to make tacos. Got the hamburger out of the freezer to thaw during church. After church they got right to work cooking hamburger for the tacos, but when they went to get taco seasoning we were all out! (Yes, I know I could have put some spices together, but remember I was on strike and was laying on the couch watching cartoons, and completely ignoring their whining pleas!) Notice the modge podge of spices in the background. I think Jeremy convinced them that plain hamburger would be best. They accomplished the hamburger, and got the table set, but forgot to prepare lettuce, tomatoes, cheese.....More to it than they originally planned. Okay they did a great job, but I still had to tell them all through dinner how dry my taco was, and that I didn't like the brown part of the lettuce, and that the tomatoes were smashed and gushy...I'm not sure they got the point because after all "These are the best tacos ever!" To bad they had to clean-up dinner, and empty that full dishwasher too. Will they complain again? Probably, because they had a blast and think they need to do it again real soon!

Green Beans and Tacos?



2 comments:

Hillori said...

LOLOLOL! About 6 months ago, I went on strike for a week...they thought that it was awesome for about two days. Cute pictures! By the way, you are a great cook!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Ha ha ha! I love this post! Every mom needs to throw a tantrum like this every once in a while, especially when it's a good teaching moment.